Monday, December 8, 2008

Howdy from TX!

This entry is going to be short & sweet and no pics.

Left AZ, headed through New Mexico. Got a really funny picture taken from my rear view window of this lady driving with a tumble-weed stuck to the front of her car. Yeah, remind me not to laugh....

As soon as we hit the Texas border it was..... less than great. Got a tumble-weed that I swear got stuck to my car! I saw this 2 to 3 foot thing tumbling right in front of me.... then checked the rear-view window and it didn't come out. D'oh!! Also, El Paso?... dump-ville! The hwy changed to 4 lanes & there was a lot of traffic and GARBAGE flying at us from every direction! no joke. That added to all of the dust... yuck. Was SO happy to get out of those 10 miles.

We are at the Super 8 tonight in Van Horn - the jankiest of our whole trip. Not sure who thought of the "Super" - but Mary and I are having fun thinking of all of the other "S" words that are more fitting. hehe. The wireless in the room even reads "use at your own risk" - or something along those lines. So I am in the lobby. Pictures will be uploaded tomorrow.

We're (HAPPILY) getting up early and getting the heck out of dodge. We are just making it through the night. :o)

Tomorrow we veture to San Antonio where we are staying by the River Walk and near the Alamo. Should be fun!

Kitties are still trooping along. I had no idea they were going to be so good!! Richard is a rock star. Lyric is all over the place. I hope a few more days are in them! :o)

It's like 30 degrees out here in the desert. Brrrr.

I heard that once I hit Texas there would be nothing. Who knew Robert would be So right. Not a whole lot to see.

Some of the scenery though looks like something out of a movie set. Super super pretty!

More tomorrow!!
Miss everyone!
~ Linds

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sure does sound like something out of a movie. Just don't stop somewhere and makes jokes about horror movies and want to 'explore'. Need I remind you House of 1000 Corpse? Just kidding!! I'm glad you guys are making good time and having fun. It was so great seeing you on Sat night. Love ya!! XOXO

Unknown said...

The best thing about Texas is how much more you will appreciate the beauty of all the states which are not Texas.

Rocky Boy said...

I see El Paso hasn't changed much in the 20 years since I have been there! Hey, I can relate to the tumbleweed story..I swear one of those things poked a hole in my radiator and I was stuck in Lubbock Tx for 2 days....have fun Linds, we miss you already!